Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Is it: March comes in like a Lion and goes out like a Lamb?

March certainly stormed into our lives, having us up and running from the beginning.  Not that mother nature really had anything to do with our whirlwind of activity, just the nature of our busy schedules.

Wednesday, February 27th I did a quick interview with Eagle Landscape at 10am, met Ron at the Post office at 11am to get the newspaper out, picked up the Stephersons (Byron, Donna, Henry, and Jane) at 12:30 and ran them to the airport for their New York trip, delivered newspapers until 4:30pm, went to an Eagle Chamber of Commerce Ambassador's meeting, then went home and made dinner.  Typical day.

Kate and Sara Stepherson spent Wednesday through Sunday with us and I'm sure they thought we must run a crazy household.

Thursday, February 28th, Brooke's class did their pace presentation for parents at 11am, I went to stake humanitarian days to gather information for a story I'm doing, at 4:30pm I had a ribbon cutting ceremony in Eagle, 6pm I had a Star Chamber Mixer in Star, and at 7:30 I took Trittica with me to a play called "Painting Churches" that I had free tickets for.  See . . . typical day!

The play was in a little dive called the Stagecoach theater.  They have a new marketing director and she sent invitations to the media  for a free showing.  When I met her, before the play began, things became a bit awkward as we introduced ourselves and Trittica indicated I was her "better half."  Usually I reserve that term for my spouse and I'm sure the gal thought our relationship ran pretty deep (which it does, just in a platonic way).   Trittica didn't realize anything was amiss until I mentioned it to her 1/2 way through the play. Our heads together giggling, We had a good laugh at an ill-timed moment during the play.  All 8 people in the theater gave us a look, and I'm sure it just cemented the marketing director's perception of us.  Oh well.

Friday should have been a little more laid back, but I worked in the morning, went to the temple in the afternoon, threw dinner together and proceeded to drag the kids and Scott with me to First Friday events in Eagle.  We made glass pendents at Fusions Glass Studio in Eagle, attended an art showing at Finer Frames art gallery, walked through the Eagle Historical Museum, and then drove downtown and caught the last hour of the BSU gymnastics meet.  For good measure, Scott and I stayed up until 1pm watching a movie.





Saturday dawned too bright and too early, but my day was lifted when Sean called about 8:20am with news he had received his visa.  It was so great to speak to him and you could hear the smile in his voice.  We also visited with his trainer, Elder Chollet, who informed us Sean refused to believe he had gotten his visa (as Elder Chollet had pulled that one on him before), and after he listened to the message, Sean didn't stop smiling for 2 hours.  Sean will call us again Monday, March 11 from the airport as he starts his true mission to Brazil.

Volleyball was a bust that morning - we lost all three games, but that evening we attended Eagle High School's musical, The Scarlet Pimpernel.  Great show.  Amazing costumes.  Great singing.  Well worth the money, and well worth it to hear Megan's unbridled guffaws.  She doesn't hold back a good laugh.





To finish off the weekend, Megan decided she better get her date asked for the Priest/Laurel Multi-stake dance on March 16 (just two weeks away).  She put together a candy gram and she and Taylor Nielson doorbell ditched it on Joseph's front door.  This action also put into motion our desperate search for a dress. 

After spending hours on the computer and searching consignment stores I finally did what I should have done to start with - asked all my friends on Facebook.  Within minutes we had two viable dresses and a solid lead on where to buy one.  Kimber and I went Monday to look and found two beautiful dresses.  The blue one fit well, but will need a few minor adjustments, and the red one should be able to be altered to fit - or Megan can just do a few crunches.



Joseph answered Megan by tying up the front porch in caution tape and drawing the outline of a dead body that said, "I'm dying to go to the dance with you."  First she's got to get through four days of the spring musical and then she can think about the dance.




If the rest of March is anything like the beginning - I think we will all be exhausted by the time we are done.   


No comments: