Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grandma Huchens


In honoring women I cannot forget my sweet grandmother who has always been a wonderful mother figure to me. She taught me to sew, to make do, to be frugal, to serve diligently, and to endure through many different trials. I love to hear about her life. She has done so many things, and has gone so many places, but she has always made time to serve the Lord through her many missions and to serve her family. My children call her the "hotel grandma" because she lives in an apartment, but quite honestly I'm sure she often feels like she runs a hotel with as many people that come and visit. She has shown love to those she doesn't even know, and has never been afraid to reach out and talk to those around her in planes, buses, stores, or where ever she may be. She has been willing to share her home with different room mates and any and all of her family. I am so grateful that my children have gotten to know her, and that she has come and stayed in our home many times, and has spent many holidays with us.

I have so many wonderful memories with her, but one of my favorites is our trip to Disney world. She was so great keeping up with us, taking us different places, and treating us to a wonderful vacation.

Thanks Grandma for all that you have done, and continue to do for your family.

We love you!

No comments: